Monday, July 7, 2014

Endless Birthday Wishes

Happy Monday Everyone!

Here's a fun card I created a while back, that features the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set.  When it was released a while back, it was such a big hit, that it shortly became unavailable (which is why I kept this tucked away), until now!  It's now available again!  I love it. 


To color the cake, I took my first attempt at blendabilities.  I just colored in the image, and didn't do any blending, as I was trying to match the colors, Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon.  I used the darkest of the Daffodil Delight and the Middle shade of the Coastal Cabana Blendabilites markers.  I did use Smoky Slate and a Blender Pen to get the gray cake plate.  And you know what's crazy?  If you run your finger over the colored image, it's smooth where I colored in the cake part, and pilly (I know, not a word), where the blender pen got to do it's job.  I still love to color with blender pens, don't get me wrong, however, these blendabilities are SO nice.  You have got to try them!  And even better?  August 1, the ENTIRE Blendabilites line will be available (which just happens to include Smoky Slate!)!

One of my favorite parts about this card?  The Lost Lagoon dots!  With a Photopolymer (completely clear) stamp, it makes it so easy to create this pattern of dots, that coordinate with the dots of the Moonlight Designer Series Paper.  A couple of twists and turns was all it took to stamp to create the pattern as a background.  


I topped it off with a knot of Lost Lagoon ribbon, and added "wishes" at the bottom.  I think it says enough with the cake! 

Thanks for reading today.  I'll be back tomorrow with more weekly deals!



No comments:

Post a Comment